Mario Madness as Nintendo Dominates — UK Games Chart 5th July 2021
In its second week after release, Mario Golf: Super Rush remains the number one best-selling game in the UK.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has moved up a spot and taken the number three position in the best-selling games, not bad for a game originally released in 2014.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is still in the top ten and moved up to position 4.
- The PlayStation flagship Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has dropped to 6th place from last week’s 3rd.
- Grand Theft Auto V moved up from 13th to 7th.
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury is now 8th.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild takes 10th place.
This week, we’ve seen Nintendo dominate the UK top ten sales chart, with its older titles still beating out new releases. Despite newer hardware being available in the guise of the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, it seems consumers are still lapping up Nintendo’s franchises and consoles. Does fun factor beat power and graphics? Weigh in on our socials!
The Top 20 Best-Selling Video Games in the UK
- Mario Golf: Super Rush
- Fifa 21
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- GTA V
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
- Resident Evil Village
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Ring Fit Adventure
- Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
- New Pokémon Snap
- Pokémon Sword
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Just Dance 2021
- Minecraft Dungeons
You can subscribe to Jump Chat Roll on your favourite podcast players including:
Let us know in the comments if you enjoyed this podcast, and if there are any topics you'd like to hear us tackle in future episodes!